Skin allergy is a very common form of allergy, and 20% of people have skin allergies. From a medical point of view, skin allergy mainly refers to when the skin is subjected to various stimuli such as adverse reactions to cosmetics, chemical preparations, pollen, certain foods, polluted air, etc., causing skin redness, itching, peeling and allergic dermatitis and other abnormal phenomena.
1. With age, the secretory function of the skin degenerates, and the skin becomes thinner with the passage of time, and its protective layer function also weakens.
Long-term exposure to sunlight or air pollution, smoke, dust, ultraviolet light UVA and UVB, and infrared rays, can damage the skin because the free ions they produce can damage the skin's lipid protective layer.
2. Inferior cosmetic or improper drug damage.
3. Physiological factors, stress, mental stress and depression, will weaken the skin's natural resistance, causing its self-repairing function to slow down. such as endocrine disorders.
4. Weather: In the face of weather changes, the skin also needs additional adaptation. For example, in cold weather, if the skin is not fully moisturized, it will be easily damaged.
5. Additives: Some ingredients in skin care products, such as preservatives, dyes, emulsifiers, and fragrances, have the potential to sensitize the skin.
1. All cosmetics should be stopped to allow time for the skin to buffer. If you usually use hypoallergenic skin care products, you can continue to use them; if it is the first or occasional allergic phenomenon, and you do not use hypoallergenic skin care products on weekdays , then it is necessary to choose special skin care products with anti-inflammatory and sedative effects, and use it after washing your face with water. If there is persistent redness, you should go to the hospital for desensitization treatment. You can also fully wet cotton or gauze with physiological saline for injection and apply it to the sensitive parts of the face. This physiological saline for injection is safe It has the functions of reducing swelling, reducing redness and stabilizing the skin. Generally speaking, the redness and swelling will disappear after a few days.
2. Strengthening the skin's resistance is also an effective basic countermeasure, such as adequate sleep, adequate and balanced diet, emotional harmony, staying away from polluted environments and allergens, and reducing skin irritation. Mild allergies will recover quickly as long as they are handled properly, and in severe cases, seek medical attention promptly.
3. Do not use the medicine without authorization. Don't go to the pharmacy to buy the adrenal cortex hormone ointment and use it without the diagnosis of a dermatologist. This is a practice that damages the skin. Although it is effective in suppressing inflammation, long-term use can cause side effects and endanger health.
For topical hormonal drugs for the treatment of skin allergies, such as Piyanping, Eudroer (hydrocortisone butyrate), ilosone (mometasone furoate), etc., attention should be paid to:
a. Do not apply it on the face, because this type of medicine will cause epidermal atrophy, pigmentation, etc., which will cause irreversible damage to the facial skin.
b. It should be used after the doctor has made a clear diagnosis, because these drugs are not effective for all skin itching. It is a very common problem in the current patient self-medication to mistake tinea and scabies for allergies and use such drugs blindly Misunderstanding