Irrespective of your skin type, everyone needs to protect their skin in the sun to minimise UV damage. Try the following:
1.Apply sunscreen - the higher SPF the better, as studies have shown that on average people will apply less than half the amount of sunscreen required to provide the level of protection on the packaging.
2. Don’t forget to apply to commonly missed sites, including back, neck and ears.
3. Reapply regularly throughout the day and do not trust claims of ‘once a day application’ products.
4. Limit your exposure to UV by avoiding 11am-3pm peak hours of the day.
5. Be aware that even under shade you will be exposed to 40 per cent of ambient UV.
6. In addition to sunscreen, 50+ UV protective fabric (UPF) offers great additional protection.