1. Limit bath time. Hot water and long showers or baths can remove oil from your skin. Limit your bath or shower time and use lukewarm water, not hot water.
2. Avoid strong soaps. Strong soaps and detergents will remove oil from the skin. Instead, opt for a mild cleanser.
3. Shave carefully. To protect and lubricate your skin, apply shaving cream, cream or gel before shaving. When shaving against the skin, use a clean, sharp razor. Shave in the direction of hair growth, not in the opposite direction.
4. Pat dry. After bathing or soaking, pat or blot your skin with a towel so that some moisture remains on the skin.
5. Moisturizes dry skin. If you have dry skin, use a moisturizer suitable for your skin type. For everyday use, consider a moisturizer with SPF.